Salary: Dependent on Experience
Industry: Power & Energy
Job Type: Contract
Location: North East
Expiration date: 30 April 2017
An assignment is available for an experience Quantity Surveyor/Contracts Administrator to assist a large power project in the North East.
We are working in partnership with an engineering contractor which provides engineering, procurement and construction of industrial, power generation and oil and gas plants across the globe.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Supporting the Sub-Contracts Manager in the delivery of the Project Commercial functions.
• Support to Commercial and Project management teams.
• Discipline input to the commercial elements of the project.
• Administer commercial interface with sub-contractors
• Undertake Tasks assigned by Sub-Contract Manager.
• Ensure cost control is maintained on a project basis throughout all project functions (Engineering, Procurement and Construction).
• Identify, monitor project cost and values against set WBS budgets, including advising Cost management of variance and change analysis, budget control and trend analysis.
• Management, preparation and submission of monthly Cost & Revenue Reports, Value of Work Done & monthly budget forecasts.
• Support the Sub-Contracts Manager and Project Managers in respect of both project and commercial deliverables.
• Undertaking of Cost Audits to key Project Subcontractors.
• Checking, validation and approval of subcontractor Invoices and Applications for Payment.
• Updating of Anticipated Final Costs (AFC) based on scope changes, labour rate analysis, change management and schedule impacts.
• Liaise with the Project Accounting Team to establish accurate cost and cash neutral reporting.
• Identification of Risks and Opportunities against to Project Spend/Budgets (& Development of the Project Risk Register.)
• Management & Ownership of the project Change Request/Variation Register including early warning notices, and Variation submissions.
• Liaise with Project Controls Team on the production of Man Hour reports including Work done to Date and Forecast to Complete Analysis.
• Liaise with Project Controls Team and collate Project Notices arising from Projects Delays and or Client Instructions.
• Preparation, submission and negotiation of all Claims, Dispute Resolution, EOT documents and final account documentation to Client and Key Subcontractors.
• Liaise with external consultants in relation to Dispute Resolution and attend Adjudication, Mediation and or Arbitration on behalf of the Company if required.
• Chairing of monthly and weekly commercial meetings, with Client and Subcontractors.
• Maintain a high standard of Communication throughout the project team and wider business.
• Mentoring and Training of other members of the Commercial Team.
• To undertake any other duties as and when necessary to support the business and customer needs.
5- 7 years of experience in subcontracts on large EPC projects
Previous experience in any EPC Industrial Project (O&G, Power…).
Education: Degree or equivalent is highly advantageous
Will report to the Subcontracting Manager.
Required knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office.
• Previous experience of working on subcontracts on a large EPC project
• Available to commit to a long term role based in the North East