Rate: Dependent on Experience
Job Type: Contract
Location: North West
Expiration date: 13 July 2017
We are working in partnership with a joint venture partnership that is designing and constructing a major nuclear project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Lead and provide direction and priorities for surveying services required on the project
• Ensure deliverables meet project timelines
• Provide strong technical support to the project as subject matter expert
• Support the project in knowledge sharing, risk management and providing assurance on project delivery, identifying best practice, areas for improvement and concern
• Ensure project quality assurance processes are fully complied with.
• Overall responsibility for ensuring calibration of ALL project site instrumentation calibration
• Maintain personal expertise and knowledge
• Ensure a relentless focus on Zero Harm
• Adhere to project core values
• When required lead the recruitment of apprentice surveying staff
• Manage and develop junior surveying staff.
• Monitor and reviews all surveying staff and their development, assess training needs.
• Review and communicate staff and project surveying department’s budgets
• The role requires an individual experienced in both Civil Engineering and in leading and developing best practice surveying in a complex large project environment.
• Leadership skills in a matrix organisation are required to deliver project support in a timely manner.
• Mentoring, training and development experience would be advantageous.
• Good interpersonal and communication skills are required, coupled with an ability to form effective relationships with partners under time pressure
• Demonstrates a passion and excitement for his / her work. Tackles problems head-on and works to resolve them without delay.
• The role requires very good knowledge of computer systems and modern surveying equipment with data transmission.
Essential Experience :
• The ability to obtain BPSS and a P4 pass is essential for continuance in the role
• Cloudworks’ deliverables experience and good knowledge of BIM, are desirable
• 3D scanning experience is also required
• Membership of the Chartered Institute of Engineering Surveyors is desirable
• A valid CSCS card is a requirement of the role.
• Full knowledge/understanding of SCC, NRG and Structural monitoring is required
• Experience/working knowledge of modern monitoring systems including geodetic & geotechnical is required