Rate: Dependent of experience
Job Type: Contract
Location: Yorkshire & Humberside
Expiration date: 21 July 2017
Working for a E,C&I design consultancy
E,C & I Designer/ Engineer – Contract role – 40 hours per week
Our client requires an experienced Electrical, Controls & Instrumentation Engineer to work on various UK projects, working in the Chemical, Petrochemicals and Pharmaceuticals sectors. The role will be based in the North-East office located on Teeside.
• A broad experience of analysing and designing Electrical, Instrumentation and Control systems for application in the above sectors is essential. A reasonable knowledge of functional safety and IEC61508/61511 and the application of ATEX equipment in Hazardous areas is required.
• The successful applicant will have previously worked “on site” with the ability to interface with client to carry out site surveys, studies and meetings.
• The ability to prepare proposals, estimates and detailed design packages including BCD's, Schedules, Loop diagrams etc using AutoCAD is essential.
• Experience of the design, application and installation of mainstream and specialised Instrumentation equipment and LV electrical systems is required.
• Experience in specifying and designing of LV electrical motor control circuits, LV Distribution, lighting systems, control panels and other LV equipment in industrial and commercial buildings is also required.
• Experience of PLC control systems and BMS would be beneficial.
The role will involve some travel to visit client sites; however, the role will predominantly be based in their North Eastern office.
HNC or Degree in Electrical Engineering