Salary: £40000 - £45000
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 30 June 2017
To work in close cooperation with the Programme Manager to lead and deliver robust definition, planning and delivery of vehicle programmes.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Coordination of Programme Gateways, tracking status of deliverables and collating Gateway evidence packs for advance distribution.
• Monitor and progress resolution of actions from the PST meeting.
• Manage the creation of programme SEL and PDL documents as directed by the Programme Manager and ensure product definition documents (PMXU) are up to date.
• Manage the collation and reporting to the Programme Manager of the SEL and PDL responses.
• Work with PMT areas and the Programme Coordinator to develop commodity plans that deliver releases at the appropriate Data Judgement (DJ) point and correct pedigree parts for vehicle builds.
• Identify and plan release points outside of DJ events and create an appropriate Engineering Timing Release Schedule (ETRS).
• Monitor commodity plans and act on deviations to establish and recommend appropriate recovery actions.
• Assist in target setting/balancing and management of cost, quality timing and function.
• Lead BOM to CAD alignment exercise and Virtual Series events as primary point of contact for Programme.
• Identify the required information to define the overall programme timing plan, integrating commodity plans, launch plans and build points and support the Programme coordinator to collate a robust level of information.
• Support programme cost reviews, redbook deep dives, cost down / cost saving activities.
• Manage concern resolution including administration of the change management system (regular reviews), concern metrics and reporting. Review with the Programme Manager and escalate to the Chief Platform Manager as appropriate.
• Act as stand-in for the Programme Manager when required.
• Support PMT / PMST meetings as required acting as the voice of the Programme.
• Work with the relevant departments to plan and execute prototype builds including number of vehicles, specification, BOM, and prototype commodity plans to ensure builds are fit for purpose.
• Lead minor model programmes including financial and delivery responsibility.
Qualifications & Experience
• Automotive or Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent
• Whole vehicle or complex system programme coordination / management experience.
• Extensive knowledge of product development / creation systems
• Experience in component design, development and sign off
• Expert user of Microsoft Office tools particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
• Confident and authoritative presentation skills