Salary: Dependent on experience
Industry: Water & Utilities
Job Type: Permanent
Location: South East
Expiration date: 02 August 2017
We’re working in partnership with a global engineering, management and development consultancy that delivers projects across the globe in the Water, Infrastructure, Rail, Nuclear, Oil & Gas and Energy Industries. We have an exciting opportunity for a talented electrical engineer to join our client’s core design team in Cambridge.
You will deliver electrical and ICA design of water and wastewater schemes as part of a large multidisciplinary team. We provide MEICA and process support to projects of all sizes.
Typical duties will include supervision/preparation of drawings for plant general arrangements, power single line diagrams, cable block diagrams, instrumentation loop diagrams, P&IDs, control system architecture drawings, and cable, instrument and I/O schedules.
You will also be responsible for the production of related documentation, including user requirement specifications/control philosophies, tender documentation (including particular electrical and ICA specifications), schedules of prices and engineer's estimates.
• Strong technical knowledge of your field, able to advise other disciplines regarding aspects of their design as it impacts electrical engineering issues
• Able to demonstrate a broad experience in LV and HV distribution systems, motor control centres/control panels, electrical installation, SCADA and telemetry systems
• Able to write and deliver technical specifications, control philosophies and schedules
• Any interest/experience in the water sector would be useful, but not essential
Essential Experience :
• Experienced electrical engineer, ideally Incorporated, Chartered, or working towards such
• Experience of working on projects within the water industry – ideally in on a JV or Framework – i.e. AMP6