Rate: Dependent on experience
Industry: Water & Utilities
Job Type: Contract
Location: South East
Expiration date: 01 December 2017
We’re working in partnership with a global engineering, management and development consultancy that delivers projects across the globe in the Water, Infrastructure, Rail, Nuclear, Oil & Gas and Energy Industries. An assignment for a clean water hydraulic modeller to support various water industry project based in Reading.
You will provide key technical input alongside our core design team. Initially you will be primarily deployed on a potable water project, but there are other exciting upcoming projects which you can get involved with as well.
• Model building, calibration and solution development
• Pressure and flow surveys
• Supply-demand balance modelling
• Population and water demand forecasting
• Pipeline sizing and designing
• Reservoir/storage designing
• Surge/transient analysis (using Wanda or Flowmaster)
• Distribution of quality studies
• International assignments and project delivery
• Excellent communicator, able to put across your ideas in a logical and coherent fashion in both oral presentations and written reports, and able to explain modelling issues and techniques to non-modelling professionals
• Good track record of delivery, satisfying client expectations for delivery to time and budget and delivering successful outcomes for the employer
• Innovative thinker, committed to delivering value-adding solutions to clients
• Good working knowledge of modelling packages, such as InfoWater, Infoworks CS/WS or EPANET, and GIS software (preferably MapInfo)
Essential Experience :
Extensive Hydraulic Modelling experience within the Water Industry
Previous experience of working within a consultancy environment.