Rate: Dependent on experience
Job Type: Contract
Location: Global / International
Expiration date: 09 August 2017
We are assisting a leading engineering & project management contractor that specialises in the delivery of projects in highly regulated industries that include defence, oil & gas, nuclear and research.
An assignment is available for an experienced project manager to support a large nuclear project based in Kozloduy, Bulgaria. This will be a long term residential assignment with an hourly rate, monthly allowance to cover food and travel, budget for accommodation and 4 x flights paid for per year (accompanied status). Previous experience of supporting Nuclear project across Europe is highly advantageous.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Working within an integrated team with our Client, the Project Manager will have accountability for the performance of their assigned projects, assuring that the contractors deliver on schedule, within the budget and quality specified in the contract.
Key responsibilities as a Project Manager:
• Safe delivery of the project to quality, time and cost
• Ensuring that the scope of the work packages is adequately defined
• Reviewing and accepting the contractor’s time schedule
• Monitoring and reporting the contractor’s progress. Holding and minuting monthly progress meetings.
• Expediting comment and approval of Contractors’ documentation
• Management of all contractual issues arising from the project, in accordance with the appropriate procedures and within his delegated level of authority, with the assistance of the commercial team
• Management, control, forecast and monitoring of all contract costs associated with the project
• Ensuring that the interfaces between different groups contributing to the project are correctly monitored and managed. This includes:
• technical support from headquarters-based experts
• consultants and contractors
• Client site based activities
• Ensuring that all project risks are identified and properly managed by contributing to risk register
• Ensuring that the correct technical input is incorporated into each work package and that all technical documentation is approved by the relevant Technical Council
Degree qualification in an engineering subject.
Professional qualification by a PM or engineering institution (C Eng or equivalent) would be a distinct advantage
Technical Engineering background preferably with some experience of nuclear decommissioning projects
Contractor management experience, Knowledge and experience in all areas of Project Management ideally gained within highly regulated industry
Capability of dealing with commercial, contractual and engineering issues
Good organisational and interpersonal skills
Experience of Eastern European projects will be a distinct advantage
Fluent English language skills, written and spoken
Ability to work effectively in an international team.
Essential Experience :
Previous experience of project management support a large nuclear decommissioning project
Able to commit long term to the project in Bulgaria on a residential basis.