Job Type: Contract
Location: North West
Expiration date: 06 September 2017
Role: Our client requires an experienced Commercial Manager to join the busy Procurement and Supply Management team onsite Stanlow Refinery. The Commercial Manager will support the PSM Services Team Leader in the delivery of commercial and contractual activity relating to Engineering Services including the negotiation and management of all Turnaround (TA) target cost contracts while supporting the wider PSM team in the delivery of purchasing activity.
The Commercial Manager will be required to:
• Manage Contractor spend of up to £50million (subject to the 5 year TA strategy)
• Lead all development and implementation of TA contracting strategies.
• Work with the Senior Buyers to procure appropriate contracts in line with future requirements.
• Manage and achieve financial targets including reporting.
• Negotiate and contract manage all Target Cost contracts in line with the Stanlow TA Strategy.
• Contribute to the delivery of the Business Objectives and PSM Strategy. Ensure that all procurement activity is delivered in line with the company’s objectives of being Sustainably Safe, Reliable, Profitable and Growing
• To help ensure that all purchasing and contract management activity is managed against pre- agreed Key Performance Indicators and Incentive Targets. The post holder will be required to manage data management of spend and performance against designated contracts.
• Graduate level supported by professional qualifications e.g. MCIPS, Engineering Degree and Chartered Status or able to demonstrate a proven track record and able to demonstrate equivalent capability.
• Minimum of 7 years experience of working in a Commercial environment with at least 3 years experience and outstanding evidence of Contract Management.
• Experience of working on a Petrochemical site or similar.
• Experience of working on similar TA activity.
• Proven experience of contract negotiation skills and exposure to dispute resolution and claims management
• Experience in Lean/Six Sigma techniques with formal qualification or relevant experience.
• Experience of delivering team and contractor performance management models
• Ability to constructively challenge and support key negotiations with supplier’s pre and post contract award.
• Excellent numeracy and verbal reasoning skills
• Sound understanding of HSE requirements
• Strong leadership and communication skills with ability to report at a Senior Management level and interact with senior stakeholders within the business and supply chain.
• Clear understanding of benchmarking data and its use to demonstrate value for money.