Salary: £44,000-48,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 06 October 2017
The purpose of the role is to support planning, budgeting and project execution for all Vehicle Engineering projects
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Project management (planning, budgeting and tracking) for multiple Vehicle Engineering Projects.
• Responsible for generation of Strategic Evaluation Letter responses on behalf of the Vehicle Engineering department.
• Drive cross project/department efficiencies through effective test plan management.
• Support overall resource profiling for Vehicle Engineering
• Support capital expenditure and overhead budget plans for Vehicle Engineering.
• Write and distribute minutes / material from weekly PST’s
• Support process improvements to improve the efficiency in the Test and Verification workshops
• Work with the Attribute team, PMT and PMST’s to develop detailed testing and commodity plans that deliver releases at the appropriate Data Judgement (DJ) point and correct pedigree parts for vehicle builds.
• Support introduction of revised planning and resourcing methods into PD
• Liaise with PMT areas and the Vehicle Engineering team to collate DVP, test parts & test requirements.
• Support prototype part procurement for build and DVP’s for Attribute Engineering.
• Develop and manage Attribute DVPs.
• Use eCMS to download regular concerns metrics and reports to circulate & co-ordinate to the Attributes team.
• Represent Attributes in Gateways as required.
• Support benchmarking team as required.
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline.
• Previous experience within an automotive or automotive components supplier group.
• AMPCS knowledge or equivalent process knowledge (GPDS, FPDS).
• Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet department needs.
• Competent in all Microsoft Office toolset with experience of writing engineering test reports.