Salary: Dependent on experience
Industry: Water & Utilities
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North West
Expiration date: 13 October 2017
We are working in partnership with a global consultancy that specialises in delivering project in the water and natural resources sectors. The provide support and engineering throughout the project lifecycle covering all disciplines operating in over 35 countries.
An opportunity is available for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor to assist an engineering contractor supporting various water industry projects
Roles and Responsibilities:
As an assistant Quantity Surveyor you will provide Quantity Surveying services and ensure that all contractual and financial entitlements are fulfilled. This role will be North West based across both joint venture and site based offices so you will need to be flexible with your approach to location as projects can be located in the Cumbrian region.
You will report directly to the Senior Quantity Surveyor and duties/responsibilities of the role will include:
• To work as directed by the Managing Q.S and Quantity Surveyor assisting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety
• Ensure direct labour payments are monitored and reported correctly.
• Accurately report withheld, disputed or disallowed costs and assist with resolution of disputes.
• Monitor insurance claims including collation of cost information in relation to claims.
• Assist with subcontract preparation, measurement of interim & final accounts & support the Quantity Surveyor in relation to disputed subcontract accounts & claims.
• Monitor & expedite payments from the client
• Ensure contract files and records are maintained and keep up to date.
• Assist in preparation of cash forecasts.
• Ensure final accounts are prepared timely and accurately.
• Ensure financial information for audits is collated and cost assurance processes are followed.
• Ensure actual costs are collated in accordance with the respective WBS and all cost base requirements are captured.
• To correlate and abstract information from contract records to enable valuation of a) subcontract accounts, b) claims, c) variations.
• To assist in preparation of progress application for payment to client
• To evaluate subcontractors applications.
• To liaise with External a) client, b) subcontractors
• Internal a) contract and accounts staff, b) QS staff
• Working/studying towards a formal qualification in quantity surveying
• Possess a basic understanding of contractual, financial & quantity surveying skills.
• A knowledge of water/wastewater industry
• Experience within a construction background would be advantageous.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to work with colleagues whose work will be impacted by your activities.
Essential Experience :
Previous Quantity Surveying experience on 1-2 major projects.