Salary: Dependent on experience
Industry: Built Environment & Infrastructure
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North West
Expiration date: 02 November 2017
Our client is one of the UK’s a leading design and engineering businesses with a heritage of over 60 years of quality and innovation. They are currently seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual to work within the Civil & Structural Team in their Salford Quays Office. As a valued member of their team you will be working with industry leading clients such as Astra Zenca, GSK, BAE Systems, National Grid and ABB. As an experienced Civil & Structural Technician you will work within a multi-discipline environment on world class facilities working within high performing teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Liaise with other team members in a multi-disciplinary environment to achieve holistic building solutions to client brief, this includes 3D & BIM.
• Liaise with other members of the team to determine and define the client brief
• Detail and prpare design drawings for Civil & Structural engineering packages in accordance with current guidelines, standards and regulations
• Maintain a knowledge of current issues related to general construction and specifically Civil & Structural guidelines, standards and regulations
• Contribute to the design planning, resourcing and fee planning of specific project teams
• Assist in the training and development of junior members of the design team
• Review and provide a peer group audit function of the design drawings undertaken by other team members
The ideal candidate is required to have a proven track record working as part of Civil & Structural design teams, in some of the following market sectors:
• Science and Technology, including Pharmaceutical and Research & Development
• Power sector including sub stations
• Transportation, including rail, underground and Airports
• Public Sector, including Education, Defence, Healthcare, and Law and Order
You will be experienced in the use of the following CAD Platforms & software:
Proficency in some of the following packages will be benificial:
• Civils 3D
• Reinforced Concrete detailing software
• Micro Drainage
The minimum qualification is HNC level, preferable EngTech T.M.I.C.E. or TIStructE.
Client care and repeat business are intrinsic to the role you will need to demonstrate an aptitude of effective communication with our clients that supports this key business objective.
Prerequisite to the role is experience in leading Packages of work, and the ability to ensure cost effective and accurate delivery. This will be demonstrated by a track record of successful projects and contribution to departmental development.
You will have a strong demonstrable communication style and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to influence and negotiate both internally and externally with an open and inclusive style.