Salary: £40,000 per year
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 29 December 2017
The purpose of this role is the definition of the platform and vehicle concept.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Work with the Package team to record dimensional targets and status on “Package tracking document”
• Work with the Concept and Design teams to maintain Primary hardpoint layouts and release as CAD data in line with platform / programme check point dates.
• Create Layout in both 2D and 3D CAD.
• Analysis of Design surface against Package targets and Hardpoints.
• Work with the Programme, PD and Package teams, to help support the Platform PMXU assumptions.
• Work with the Programme, Innovation and Package teams, supporting the layout and development of unique systems and new technologies.
• Coordinate ECM (engineering concept matrix) population with the Core system owners and attribute areas to support product definition.
• Carry out benchmarking activities to assist the concept team define relevant attribute targets
• Support concept meetings to guide vehicle architecture in line with target attributes and product definition.
• Support creation of UN Macro Issues list highlighting and resolving blockers to design progression.
• Support planning, creation and update of physical bucks with target/hardpoint data.
• Support Concept Manager and Vehicle Engineering team to ensure the vehicle design assumptions balance with the attributes.
• Support Vehicle Engineering team with the CAD layout for Prototype vehicles (M1/X1).
• The post holder will undertake other duties as may be required to achieve the Company’s objectives, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Qualifications & Experience
• Educated to Degree level or higher in an engineering discipline, or equivalent relevant experience.
• Experience in platform layout, including mechanical layout and occupant package.
• Knowledge of legal requirements.
• Worked in a cross functional role in Automotive.
• Working knowledge of vehicle attributes.
• Ability to use Vis Mock-up to an advanced level, NX and Team Centre. MS Tools: Project, Excel, PowerPoint and word.
• Understanding of modern vehicle systems such as: Engines, Driveline, Electric/Hybrid Vehicles, Suspension, Body Structures.
• Knowledge of benchmarking and target setting.
• Must be a clear communicator, with good organisation skills. Must be able to negotiate and arbitrate between PMT's and PAT's to achieve the best geometric solutions for the product.
• Driving Licence - may be required to support benchmarking activities, so will need to attain AML level 3 permit.