Salary: £41,000 pa
Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 22 October 2017
The purpose of this role is to lead a small team under the guidance of the CVE manager to: 1. Monitor inputs from the field decide the level of initial action. Define problems that the company needs to solve to improve customer satisfaction and reduce the associated cost and ensure action is taken. 2. Monitor the cost of warranty & clearly communicate the responsibility of the cost. Were appropriate recover the cost of issues back into AML. 3. Manage the Business Intelligence function within the Quality Division.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Initial Action: Monitor field inputs (Warranty, TSR, etc.) and decide & initiate the level of reaction required regarding product issues.
• Case Identification: Review the field inputs regularly to define trends that may require improvement from both a customer satisfaction and cost basis. From this define the cases to a level that can then be taken and solved. Take these cases to the relevant areas and ensure they are taken and acted on.
• Cost Definition: Review the cost of field activities regularly and identify the responsibility for the cost. If the cost is from outside AML then take appropriate actions to recover the cost. If the cost is from within AML make it clear what area is responsible and task those areas to improve & track the improvement.
• Co-Ordinate and drive: Lead and drive the minimisation of warranty cost and product customer satisfaction issues. This will require the co-ordination of direct members of the team looking at this issue (Client Services, Purchasing, Quality, PD, Manufacturing) and others across the company from technician to directors.
• Case Tracking: Ensure a workable system of following cases exists and the status is clear at all times.
• Cost recovery: Ensure that the team demonstrate the savings achieved and improvements made by other departments.
• Case Avoidance: Ensure that lessons learnt are passed in to the company and acted on whether at a component, vehicle or procedural level.
• Setting and improving systems: Setting up standardising and continuously improving the systems that are used by the team to improve efficiency and accuracy.
• Reporting: Ensure that regular reports of the team’s activities are available on time and are fully understood by the business. Ensure areas of the business are clear of the responsibility they have towards field costs and customer satisfaction.
• New Models: Support / Lead initiatives to improve the reaction to field issues during the launch phase of new models.
• Business Intelligence: Manage the Business Intelligence function within the Quality Division balancing project and ad-hoc tasks ensuring the data provided is timely and accurate.
Qualifications & Experience
• Degree level qualified or equivalent experience
• Experience of practical problem solving (and a knowledge of PPS / 8D / G8D / 6 Sigma is beneficial)
• Good general knowledge of the architecture of a vehicle
• Working knowledge of a variety of component manufacturing process
• Worked in OE or Tier 1 manufacturing environment
• Experience of dealing with next tier suppliers & working as part of cross functional teams
• Understands CAD, technical drawings & drawing standards,
• Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word & Powerpoint)
• Full UK driving license
• Be willing to travel both within the UK and abroad.
• Preferred - Chairing meetings and running effective meeting minutes / CCARs & Good communications skills
• Preferred - Experience of running a small team of engineers.