Job Type: Permanent
Location: West Midlands
Expiration date: 04 January 2018
Aston Martin’s state-of-the-art headquarters in Gaydon, Warwickshire is built upon the passion, skill and creativity of the people who dedicate their working lives to the most iconic brand in the world. Every intricate stitch, beautifully expressed line, and the stirring noise of our engines, is a manifestation of the desire and collective spirit to create the most beautiful cars: the soul of Aston Martin made real. The purpose of this role is creation and development of Chassis control systems.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
• Collaborate to create and develop Chassis control system algorithms in conjunction with system suppliers.
• Ensure harmonised interaction of all Chassis electronically control systems.
• Support simulation by developing and critiquing system models.
• Develop control systems and strategies alongside system suppliers using Simulink or other appropriate software.
• Maintain interface documentation.
• Development of systems to legislative and safety standards (ISO 26262).
• Interact with ECU suppliers, Component Engineers, Simulation Team and Dynamics Department.
• Build on existing Chassis control systems and use measured vehicle data to improve application and capability.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and drive resolution of development problems and error states.
• Specification and testing of vehicle dynamic-control application software
Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering Degree in appropriate discipline
• Software Experience: Matlab Simulink, VI-Grade car real time, ADAMS, Hyperworks, MS Office, Vector e.g. CANape
• Experience as a Control Systems Engineer.
• Experience as a Simulation Engineer within the automotive industry.
• Knowledge of vehicle network architecture.
• Appreciation of Vehicle Dynamics theory.
• Co-Simulation integration of Chassis controllers into models.
• Experience of Chassis software tuning and knowledge of ISO 26262
• Report writing – confident in ability to interpret and post process results and make recommendations, written and verbal.
• Experience with vehicle diagnostic software.
• Knowledge of vehicle electrical systems including 48Vs.
• Ability to generate and develop control system DFMEAs
• German language skills would be an advantage
• Strong time management, accuracy, diligence, ability to balance and prioritise multiple tasks to meet customer needs.
• Good communication skills