Salary: £40000-£55000 - (Circa)
Job Type: Permanent
Location: North West
Expiration date: 09 April 2018
Refurbishment Engineer (Fine welding and Mechanical Engineering in a Chemical environment).
Refurbishment Engineer is required to lead all refurbishment activities :-
• Lead key elements of the refurbishment project are to ensure that the new processes and equipment meet the business requirements in terms of quality and capacity
• Design source, install and maintain new and used workshop fabrication and repair equipment to facilitate all New Coatings Business opportunities.
• Manage the engineering, technical and quality introduction of all new customer products and trials to the repair workshop and define and control all repair standards, specifications and quality.
• Liaise closely with the New Business development team to technically support and define realistic cost models for the repair of all new customer products
• Recruit, train and develop skilled workshop technicians in the range of processes required in the repair workshop.
• Design and implement new refurbishment techniques needed to repair all new products required to deliver the New Business Plan.
• Manage the quality and work flow of customer orders through the repair workshop in an efficient and timely manner.
• Highly experienced in engineering metal fabrication and repair techniques.
• Proven experience of workshop management and workshop engineering.
• Experience in welding with exotic base metals.
• Expert in welding techniques, processes and standards.
• Experience of work shop equipment design, specification, procurement and maintenance.
• Familiar with design and use of precision engineering machinery.
• Familiar with mechanical processing techniques including Surface Preparation, NDT techniques, Heat Treatment. Annealing, Gas Shielding, and general metallurgy.
• Experience of manufacturing work flow and design.
• High concern for standards.
• Efficiency orientation for development of low cost production solutions.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to influence, motivate and develop individuals.
• Strong analytical thinker with excellent problem solving skills.
Essential Experience :
Must be Degree qualified