Senior PDMS EC&I Designer
An opportunity for a PDMS EC&I Designer required for various nuclear projects based in Warrington.
- Are you a proven EC&I Designer that has supported highly regulated industry?
- Have you designed cable route infrastructure/plant layouts?
- Are you proficient with PDMS and conversant with other software such as AutoCAD?
This particular role is for a Risley based experienced PDMS Senior CE&I Designer to work as part of a team in the production of CE&I designs, under the direction of the design engineers working on the project. Typical work will be:
- Design of installable CE&I cable route infrastructure / plant layouts into the PDMS that can be safely installed and subsequently populated with cables.
- Production of various deliverables, e.g. isometrics, general arrangements using data in the model.
All work shall be carried out in accordance with all relevant standards, naming conventions, instructions and specifications. Coordination with other design disciplines is essential.
Very occasional travel to the Sellafield site as necessary.
Previous experience of working within existing Sellafield plants / brown field sites is highly desirable though not essential providing that suitable similar experience can be demonstrated. The candidate shall have at least one years’ experience in a similar role, and should ideally have, or be working towards gaining professional status. They shall be able to demonstrate the following competencies:
- The ability to work with minimal supervision, work effectively in a team and to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and spoken English & effective communication skills
- A professional attitude and a ‘can do’ approach to problem solving
- Can liaise and coordinate with other design disciplines and plant engineering as necessary in the production of preliminary and detail design
- Experience of checking design deliverables, ideally in accordance with Sellafield’s checking process
- Is proficient in PDMS and conversant with Auto CAD and Navisworks
- Is fluent in MS Office suite of programmes (Word, Excel etc)
In addition, it would be desirable to have working experience in the following:
- Aveva Electrical/Instruments
The position is subject to the ability of the candidate to obtain as a minimum Baseline Personnel Security Standard clearance and obtain a Sellafield P1 pass. Clearance to SC level is required but can be gained after starting work on the project. A current P1 pass and SC clearance holder would be ideal.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.