Principal/Senior Civil and Structural Engineer
We are current looking for a Principal/Senior Civil and Structural Engineer based in Warrington on a 12-month contract.
Reporting to the SCP CS&A RE, the Senior / Principal Civil and Structural Engineer should have a good knowledge of civil and structural design and construction including an appreciation of modelling software such as STAAD-Pro and mathematical aids such as MATHCAD.
They must be able to communicate well and have a drive to deliver and be able to specify design requirements and consider the future development and future proofing issues surrounding the same.
The structural design will primarily comprise reinforced concrete and structural steelwork and therefore familiarity in these design areas is essential. Structural types include concrete process cells, steelwork superstructures (including crane support) and pipe bridges. The design will be carried out using Eurocodes and experience of these codes or the flexibility to adapt to these codes will be necessary.
Design process includes rigorous checking procedures and interaction with team members to ensure the quality of the work produced. In addition, it may be necessary to attend meetings and make site visits during which time there will be dialogue with other discipline engineers, project engineers and site operations.
This is a senior role and being able to communicate at all levels, not just Technical, is essential. They will need to lead this process ensuring stake holder buy in and confidence in challenging others. They need to be self-motivated, striving to deliver to agreed targets and be comfortable working in a team as well as on their own.
Key activities the candidate will be expected to undertake are as follows:
• Nuclear and conventional safety cases – support and justification via reports, calculations and meetings/ reviews
• Liaise and coordinate with ONR to demonstrate compliance with Site Licence Conditions
• Support and justification for Construction Crane Safety Cases (CCSC) and demonstration of ALARP approaches
• Coordination of constructability between CSA and other disciplines, and between Design and Site Construction
• Resolution of construction issues, TQs, Concessions and Production Permits
• Design and checking of miscellaneous specialist calculations and reports
• General ongoing deign reviews in support of manufacture, and conducting specific SDDRs and MDDRs as appropriate
• Package management for specific issues not captured within the general programme
• Production, reviewing and checking of over-arching engineering documents such as Scopes of Work, Specifications, and Design Justification reports
• Continual ongoing assurance of the application of CDM and the recording of such
• Reviewing, justifying and preparing Design Changes deemed necessary to satisfy the CSA design case
• Liaising and determining scope and output for third-party and proprietary suppliers
• Support for Procurement: obtain realistic overall costs, invitations to tender and tender reviews, breakdown of works, programme reviews, support with claims and variations.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.