Engineering Project Leader
Our Client is a globally recognised leader in the supply and manufacture of high technology electrical and electronic components for the automotive sector. They have an exceptionally strong order book with a major customer in the region and are investing heavily in the meaningful expansion of their engineering department. As a result, we are recruiting a highly experienced Engineering Project Leader to join their team on a permanent basis.
We have supported this client for many years and this is a truly exciting time to be joining a well-established team of industry experts as they continue to grow. On offer to the successful candidate is a competitive salary in addition to a fully comprehensive benefits package including pension, private health care, medical cash plan and tailored reward schemes.
At the heart of the business is an established culture that promotes from within. To support their employees in achieving their own career ambitions, our client offers exceptional training and development opportunities which are annually reviewed to enable their staff to progress within the company.
Another unique factor of the role is their hybrid working structure. This will allow you to divide your time between the office and home. There are aspects of the role that will require you to be in the office or onsite with the customers, but when this isn’t a requirement they are happy for you to work remotely and encourage you to do so.
As the Project Leader you will be applying years of experience in automotive electrical engineering to manage the expectations of a major automotive account in the area. Through exceptional programme management skills you will be ensuring the development of competitive products according to their customer requirements and latest technological developments under consideration of all engineering specification, costs, quality, timing, and environmental aspects.
The position is regarded as an expert in the departments handling of the customer’s account. Due to the senior nature of the role, we are seeking those with extensive EDS (Electrical Distribution System) experience. The position will compliment those from a Programme Management, Engineering Management or Senior Project Management background who have direct experience in the design and development of automotive electrical harnesses.
- Take the lead on delivering all program engineering deliverables
- Lead engineering design interface to customer for EDS and the related components
- Define detailed project release timing and ensure compatibility with overall project timing plan
- Lead and coordinate resolution of engineering issues for assigned programs
- Ensure timely response to customer on technical issues and engineering design, test and sign-off deliverables
- Collate, review and store customer program definition documents and asses impacts on design
- Prepare engineering project status information and present at internal and customer project reviews
- Lead engineering design team to ensure high quality EDS designs are released on time for assigned programs
- Change Management - control of additional changes (STA's) required for specific build phases
- Interface to harness manufacturing plant to ensure correct incorporation of changes
- Ensure that new components (carryover but new for project) list is made available for up-front ordering for build phases
- Oversee new developed components list and ensure design and manufacturing teams are informed of status
- Ensure samples of new developed components are available to manufacturing plant
- Plan and co-ordinate Design Reviews at manufacturing plant
- Ensure that the design complies to the Design For Manufacture guidelines
- Conduct regular Project Team Meeting (with Meeting Minutes)
- Support agreement of technical parts of SOW with suppliers and customer
- Ensure BOM validation is carried out in advance of prototype builds, communicate up-front build lists to harness manufacturing plant
- Define looms for ordering and provide matrix to Sales Department
- Organize and conduct design reviews at supplier
- Ensure team support of prototype vehicle builds at customer locations & track EDS design issues to completion
- Provide manufacturing plant with planned quantities for Pre-production phases (TT, PP, MP1)
- Ensure team support of pre-production vehicle builds at customer locations & track EDS design issues to completion
- Submit all technical project risks and opportunities to the PM
- Support design cost studies and estimation
- Support the development, implementation and continuous improvement of common processes, procedures and methodologies
- Follow the Quality Management System (QMS) as defined in the Quality Management Handbook
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ideally degree educated in electrical, mechanical or automotive engineering. Equivalent hands on experience will also be considered for the role.
- A formal Project Management qualification (i.e. APMP or Prince2) would be useful, but time served experience will also be equally considered in any application.
- Detailed and in depth product knowledge of automotive electrical systems is essential.
- An assured leadership mentality with the ability to interface at a senior level with the customer.
- Experience in leading teams of people in a matrix structure
- Extensive experience in the design and development of automotive wiring harnesses
- Proven ability to lead a development team from both a technical & line management perspective.
- Self- sufficient, self-motivated and excellent team-player
Please note: Unfortunately our client is not able to offer work permits, visas or sponsorships. If you do require any of these to work in the UK then regrettably we won’t be able to progress your application further.
If you’re interested in joining a world leading supplier and feel you have the necessary skills for the position then please get in touch!
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business