Project Manager - Safety case
Project Engineering Manager - Safety case
Permanent staff position
We are looking for a Project Engineering Manager with experience of Safety Cases to support our client’s large framework engineering delivery team, who are responsible for the delivery of nuclear defueling and nuclear decommissioning projects across the UK’s fleet of operation nuclear power stations.
- Are you a degree educated, ideally in engineering or a related subject?
- Do you have experience of working with safety cases within a regulated industry?
- Do you hold an APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent and are versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations?
- Do you have demonstrable experience of managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle, ideally across a range of complex multi-discipline projects?
If you have answered yes to these questions then we are keen to speak to you about this opportunity
The Project Engineering Manager are accountable to the client PPM for successful delivery of all aspects of their assigned projects. The Project Manager sets the project execution strategy in agreement with the client PPM and uses a cross-functional project team to deliver the project safely in line with company policies and procedures, achieving established goals and objectives within the agreed baseline.
The role will be based at the Gloucester office complex and will require from time to time, business travel to UK sites/stations. Flexible working arrangements between office and home are possible. In this role you will report to the Operations Manager, but be accountable for project delivery directly to the client.
Everyone working in our team will have a proven track record of working within highly regulated environments with high safety standards and culture.
Strong communication and organisational skills are a must with the ability to develop relationships and maintain effective networks and be results-focussed tempered with a team-centred approach.
Skills & Experience
Suitable applicants should be able to demonstrate:
- Degree educated, ideally in engineering or a related subject, with preferred Chartership.
- Experience within a safety case role within a regulated industry preferably nuclear
- APMP formal project management qualification or equivalent and versed in modern project management techniques within complex, multi-functional organisations; have a thorough understanding and knowledge of engineering, design, procurement, safety case, construction and installation/commissioning management and commercial contracting.
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of Safety Cases including how they are developed and implemented, relevant Health and Safety and Environment legislation including CDM and the actions required to achieve compliance
- Good understanding of the needs of quality and how quality is assured and controlled along with relevant experience of commercial, contractual, and financial project drivers.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects throughout the full project lifecycle, ideally across a range of complex multi-discipline projects and environments, and management of an integrated project team including staff, agency and assigned functional support.
- Experience of estimating, cost control, planning and commercial awareness including the preparation of business cases and sanction/ funding papers.
- Experienced in the preparation of reports and information using packages such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, be proficient in the use of estimating, scheduling, programming and risk tools and in the use of Earned Value tools. Analytical approach with high-level problem-solving ability.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business