Project Engineer - Current Car Engineering
Our Client, a World recognised and respected Automotive OEM Manufacturer based in rural Warwickshire are actively seeking a Project Engineer - Current Car Engineering.
To own and be responsible for all root cause analysis, and ownership of all field and 0KM issues. Component ownership and delivery responsible for all in life change content. These include infotainment head unit, tuner, microphone, amplifier etc.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Ownership of all concerns being raised from the field and production.
- Root cause analysis, investigation, and presentation
- Support with defining targets for future models.
- Deliver the Programme quality, cost, weight, function and timing requirements for the systems and features you are responsible for.
- Ensure that the systems meet the Function plan (with the component suppliers), creating & managing recovery plans as required.
- Project manage the suppliers in order to ensure relevant fixes are introduced in an efficient manner.
- Conduct whole vehicle testing for your systems and features both within & outside of the UK with a focus on customer acceptance.
- Support prototype build and test vehicle preparation.
- Manage issues in the companies Concern management system.
- Work with a cross functional team to ensure that all stakeholders to resolve open issues in a timely and transparent manner.
Qualification & Experience:
- CAN tools – CANoE
- Understanding of LIN/CAN/Automotive Ethernet
- Understanding of electronics/software and hardware design
- Data analysis & report writing
- Must have an understanding of the mechanics of electrical components e.g. switches
Nice to have experience:
- Experience in delivering Infotainment modules or vehicle electrical integration.
- Proven record of delivering Electrical or Electronics commodities, including quality, cost, function, weight and timing. Experience of vehicle level system integration in terms of hardware and Software). Experience of software development processes and managing software delivery.
- Experience of infotainment systems, Navigation, Bluetooth and Media devices, Tuner and Infotainment HMI.
- Extensive knowledge of automotive development systems e.g. releasing
- Supplier management experience
- Complete knowledge of Product Development cycle from concept to launch completion
- Excellent technical engineering background and a comprehensive knowledge of using calculation and analysis to drive design.
- Excellent knowledge of automotive quality tools and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of the manufacturing processes to create the components or systems.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which the client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.