Vehicle Engineering Coordinator
In support of the Vehicle Engineering Management (VEM) team, enable the delivery of vehicle engineering activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support Vehicle Engineering activities taking the programmes through gateways and technical checkpoints
- Establish engineering status through delivery and maintenance of the Platform Bandwidth Requirements and Vehicle Technical Specification
- Track that vehicle targets are achieved and where required taking the lead on target setting and status evaluation activities
- Lead vehicle engineering issue resolution including design, architecture, attribute, build and fleet issues, ensuring the required monitoring and escalation is performed through concern reviews, VIT, LCM, Start-Ups and Tech Forum where necessary
- Support the Vehicle Integration Team meetings and the Technical Forums when required, ensuring the appropriate cross-functional and VEM team support and input is available when needed
- Support vehicle builds, vehicle specification and bridging part definition, ensuring the vehicles are the correct pedigree for the required development activities
- Lead planning of vehicle DVP activities, including creating and optimizing vehicle plans
- Together with the engineering teams, manage and report the overall DVP status to achieve the target timing and quality
- Support the management of attribute demonstrator vehicles and coordination of Vehicle Evaluation Team assessments
- As part of the product engineering delivery, check and approve releases and sheet Cs to ensure engineering integrity, attribute performance and correct quantities and spares are ordered.
- Support the containment sign-off process against the attribute and sign-off requirements
- Lead selected improvements to the VEM team function and/or process
- Support the professional development of Vehicle Engineering graduate engineers
Qualification & Experience:
- Good understanding and awareness of whole vehicle and vehicle systems
- Knowledge of engineering issue investigations and problem solving
- Previous vehicle attribute engineering or assessment experience
- Experience of working within cross-functional teams to deliver engineering solutions
- Understanding of EV & HV systems
- Knowledge of CAD / Teamcenter
- Technical experience/background
- Engineering Degree
- Strong user of Microsoft Office tools particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Confident presentation skills
- Should be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Passionate about the product, promoting pride throughout the programme
- Able to build up good working relationships across a wide area of the business
- Strong technical skills and full knowledge of engineering fundamentals
- Creative thinking and problem-solving
- Ability to provide technical direction and advice to all business areas
- Strong teamworking skills are required to ensure effective communication and collaboration across functional teams
- Open and honest communication
- Accountable and responsible to deliver on commitments
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set which the client is looking for, apply with your current and up to date CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.