We are looking for a Management Accountant. You will be supervising a small team and co-ordinating work, providing guidance and offering training.
Our ideal applicant will be a Fully Qualified (or soon to be Fully Qualified) Accountant, have membership of a professional body such as CIMA/ACA/ACCA and have extensive experience of management accounting in a contracting business.
Budgeting and forecasting:
- Completion of annual Budget and any other forecasts required, including co-ordination, liaison & review with Managing Director / Business Managers.
- Ability to interpret business line visions into a set of quantitative outputs
- Completion & submission of budget and forecast files with appropriate commentaries and summaries.
- Ensuring tight timescales are met & high quality of detail is achieved.
- Reporting & explanation of variances between Budgets and forecasts to Board Members down.
- Work with business to develop short-term forecast lookaheads between forecast exercises.
- Ensure turnover & profit is accurately assessed in line with accounting standards each month end.
- Prepare & review accruals (both project and overhead), invoice schedules & invoices.
- Manage customer & supplier retentions in accordance with contract terms.
- Assess a broad scope of funded projects with a mix of small-scale and large-scale contracts. Undertake periodic performance assessments for each project.
- Prepare accurate financial results & commentaries to an agreed timetable.
- Monthly reporting of financial results & KPI’s including explanations of variances against Budgets and/or forecasts.
- Monthly meetings held with Management teams to review financial results and to discuss factors which may impact upon future financial performance.
- Providing input into Field Services monthly business report and other higher-level reporting.
- Provide financial advice and make recommendations to all levels and ensure compliance with financial procedures.
- Production of ad hoc reports as required by all from Managing Director down.
- Review current processes and modify where necessary to ensure compliance whilst providing accurate information in a manner suitable for viewing by all management levels.
- Provide support and advice relating to financial system and the information available.
- Production of monthly project/contract summary reports & governance checks for business lines.
- Assist Project teams/Business Managers with the financial control of both customers funded & overhead projects.
- Monitor and act if required to ensure good cashflow management – i.e., prompt invoicing, overdue debts. Advise Senior management of any potential issues.
- Review payroll information against resource charge out rates to ensure procedure compliance.
- Attend present & discuss financial performance in Field Services & business line meetings.
- Assisting in Company & Customer audit queries where required.
- Oversee data integrity for a broad range of Field Services projects including ensuring:
- Projects, work orders and connection controls are opened/closed in Unit4 Business World (formally Agresso) promptly and in accordance with contract terms.
- Project budgets & contract values are maintained in the accounting system.
- Periodic cost reconciliations undertaken against accruals & processing journals.
- Processing periodic business inter company recharges.
- Maintain Capital Expenditure, ensuring costs are capitalised where necessary.
- Manages and prioritises deadlines effectively and copes well with demands from the business
- Experience of delivering results under tight and often conflicting deadlines.
- Excellent IT skills (especially Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate and interact with people at all levels across the business
- Self-motivated and proactive with a proven ability to achieve results and objectives, developing yourself and others
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy of information
- Commercially Aware with experience working in a commercial environment
- Knowledge or experience of working in highly fluid sectors such as site operations & technical services.
- Used to a busy environment and adaptable to change
- Ability to learn new things quickly
- Strong Stakeholder Management experience
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank Holdings Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Millbank is proud to be a member of the ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.