- About Us
- Our Expertise
- What is IR35?
- News & Blog
- Policy Documents
- Contact Us
The UK is Breaking Renewable Energy Records
1 May 2018
The record for longest time generating electricity without coal (since the 1880s) currently stands at three days.
This is just one of many statistics showing the UK’s reducing reliance on the fossil fuel.
Alongside this, our development of renewable energy such as wind, solar, tidal, hydro and biomass is getting stronger all the time.
As well as our well-established base in supplying services to conventional power generation markets, Millbank looks forward to continuing to support the growing renewable energy market. This reflects our commitment to assisting our clients' ever-evolving needs.
Here are some amazing renewable energy records broken in over the past year:
- First 24-hour period without coal generated power
- 52 per cent of energy generated from low carbon sources during the greenest summer on record
- Lowest amount of carbon produced by electricity production at any one moment
- Largest amount of energy produced from renewables at any one moment
- First time wind, nuclear, and solar produced more than gas and coal
- More electricity generated from solar energy than ever before at a single moment, producing a quarter of Britain's energy supply
- Highest percentage of solar produced relative to national demand
- Most wind power ever produced in a single day
- Most offshore wind power produced in a single moment
- Most electricity produced from all wind generation at any moment
- Most electricity produced from hydropower at any one moment
Are you looking to take your next step in the Energy sector? Whatever your specialism, Millbank can assist in finding the right role. View currently available positions below or drop off your CV for our consultants to review today.